Your Child’s Patient-Centered Medical Home
Welcome to Sandhill Pediatrics!
We are delighted to be your child’s medical home. As a Patient-Centered
Medical Home (PCMH), Sandhill Pediatrics leads the team of health care
professionals that collectively coordinate and provide your child’s health
care. This health care team or community works to ensure your child receives
the preventative and illness care they need. Your child’s primary care
provider and the extended team of health care professionals build a
relationship in which they get to know your child, their medical history,
health concerns, and family situation. In this personal model of health
care, we will present expert, evidenced-based health care answers and
guidance focused and tailored to your child and family. We accept patients
with Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, private insurance, and those without
Benefits to being in a Medical Home:
– We are available to you when you need us. Sandhill Pediatrics offers
same day and next day appointments, extended hours, and after-hours phone
advice. Our practice staff can be reached through a phone call, text
message, or email. For all urgent matters, you may call us on the phone at
any time at
. If it is
after hours, please allow the phone to ring for at least one minute, giving the
provider on call time to answer. Our providers are available via phone
after-hours, weekends, and holidays for clinical problems and medical
advice. For all non-urgent matters, general information, or to make an
appointment, please call us during normal business hours:
Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Telehealth until 6:00 PM)
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Comprehensive care – We will help address any health concern at any given stage of your child’s life. We provide newborn care, sick visits, well visits, sports physicals, vaccinations, and management of chronic conditions such as ADHD, anxiety, and asthma.
- Coordinated care – We assist in coordinating your child’s health care, we provide referrals to qualified specialists, and ensure that other providers and health care professionals have the information they need to treat your child.
- Evidenced-based care – We stay up to date on pediatric medical research and clinical practice guidelines and our board-certified providers will work to tailor your child’s health care to best fit your needs, preferences, and family situation.
- Proactive care – We are committed to providing timely and effective care when your child is sick as well as indicated preventative care with a care plan to address your child’s health care goals. The medical home team works to help your child get and stay healthy and get the care and services that are right for them.
Your Child’s Health Care Team:
The Medical Home is your child’s team and we want you to be a full partner in your child’s health. We want to get to know you, your child, and your family situation. The team will work with you to customize care to meet your child’s needs and your expectations. We want to communicate effectively with you. We recognize that every child has specific health care needs, as such, we will strive to answer all your questions and help set appropriate health goals for your child. As a full partner in your child’s team we will treat you with the respect you deserve, and help you understand all options for care, so that you can make the best informed decisions to meet your child’s health goals. To meet those goals we encourage full participation in preventative care screenings and services and will offer educational materials and tools you can use to manage your child’s health. The Medical Home team will also coordinate your child’s care with other health professionals. We will provide referrals for qualified specialists when needed and work with them as part of your child’s health care team to help manage your child’s care. We want to provide information about resources and support groups and services for your child and family, some of those are listed here and more will be available on our sandhillpediatrics.com website:
- HealthyChildren.org: American Academy of Pediatrics. This resource has information on growth, development, and healthy living for newborns through young adults.
- MouthHealthy.org: American Dental Association. This resource has information on dental care from teething, proper brushing, to dental emergencies.
- MyPlate.gov: My Plate offers ideas and tips to create healthier eating habits. Healthy eating plans will help keep your child healthy now and in the future.
CDC.gov/vaccines: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This webpage
provides accurate, up-to-date vaccine information, vaccine safety, and
You are a Full Partner in Your Child’s Care:
Sandhill Pediatrics is dedicated to providing quality patient care with respect, competence, and cooperation. We ask that you please show respect for other patients, families, and Medical Home team staff. As a full partner in your child’s care you are the most important member of the team and your active participation in your child’s health is essential. We encourage you to bring your questions to each appointment, if you don’t understand something that the provider or other member of the medical home team says, please ask them to explain it another way. We ask that you bring a list of your child’s medicines, including any vitamins or herbal supplements to appointments. Please communicate with us about any care your child receives from other health professionals so that we can help coordinate the best possible care. We ask that you talk with us about your experience in getting care from the medical home team so that we keep making your child’s care better. Please participate in annual checkups for your child and request any medication refills before your child runs out. As your child’s Patient-Centered Medical Home, we are delighted to work with you to support your child’s health and health care goals!